Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Poetry: Tight

It's funny how my mind works sometime.

I was working on my Camp NaNoWriMo novel and I wondered where the title: WOLF AT THE DOOR came from. 

I do that sometimes, I like to read underlying meanings in my own writings and lo and behold, I actually found something amusing.

The title was actually a line from one of my poems....and even more awesome, the sentiment of the poem could be taken as the voice of Lei's mother, Mey.

Here's the poem:


There are wolves at the door dear heart, wolves at the door 
Close the door, close the door. Tight.
There are shadows in the light, dear heart, shadows in the light. 
Close the window, close the window. Tight. 
There are monsters under the bed, dear heart, monsters under the bed. 
Close your eyes, close your eyes. Tight. 
There are tricksters in the world, dear heart, tricksters in the world 
Close your heart, close your heart. Tight.

 Copyright © 2012 by D.F. Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment